Saturday 10 July 2010

Marble Mountain in Da Nang




We are in Da Nang for the weekend. Today our gvn translators took us up Marble mountain. Here there are a lot of temples and steps, steep steps!! I think I will be feeling it tomorrow - that and the sunburn on my nose! We climbed to the very top of the mountain and the views were stunning. Think this will definitely be one of the highlights of my trip.
Last night we went to the big supermarket here. It is huge, it has three floors.
I bought a few books for various classes (animals, number, alphabet), a lacing game and a few icepacks. When we went to the Baby Orphanage on Friday morning a lot of the children had fevers - complaining of sore heads and tummies. Hopefully the icepacks will be a bit of a relief for the hot foreheads.
We are going to visit the beach tomorrow before we head back to Tam Ky.

1 comment:

  1. What can I say Mhairi, you will remember this for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete