Monday 5 July 2010

First Morning at the Baby Orphanage







I had a great morning at the Baby Orphanage. I had a good look around and I think I'm going to try and organise some of their play area. Areas in each corner of the room will hopefully be a book corner, drawing/writing area, large physical play, dressing up and construction/games. I am going to buy two big soft mats for the babies to crawl on and the other children to do roly poly, handstands, roll etc.
I have given the go ahead for some of the fundraised money to go towards the shelter for the climbing frame/slide - $1100. This will pay for the majority of shelter. Total cost $1500.
The food here is fabulous. Our cook is called Mrs Hahn and her favourite phrase is "eat more, eat more". She organised our trip to Hoi An at the weekend.
Mrs Hahn is also going to help me shop for material for dressing up clothes. We are going to hit the local market at some point and then Mrs Hahn knows someone who will make the clothes.
I am ashamed to say that I have badly burnt my feet - to the point that they are swollen. Was going to take a photo and show you, but I think it would spoil your tea!!
Will maybe have some more photos up tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great, and I'm sure you are going to have a ball choosing material for dressing up clothes cos I know what you are like in the material shops here!!!
    The beach looked great too just remember the sun block for your feet as well.
    Just remember.... if you eat more, eat more too much you will need to visit the dressmaker again for some small adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mhairi,

    Was fab to talk to you earlier and I feel privileged to have seen your sunburnt feet!

    Great to see the photos and hear about your plans for the Baby orphange.

    Have fun and keep in touch.

    Take care

    Fiona
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mhairi wow!!what super photos and news you seem to having a great time and cramming so much in the children look so sweet loved the picture with the starfish!it sounds as if you have achieved so much in such a short time the children seem to be very keen to learn the time seems to flown by so hope you enjoy what time you have left it has been great following your blog have had a short hol so it was fun catching up with all your adventures take care love margaret and sophie x

    ReplyDelete